At Mode Living, we believe that every meal deserves a well-dressed table- whether for everyday or special occasions, and that entertaining should be effortless and a pleasure for all. We keep this philosophy in mind as we create each collection.
Knowing how to care for your linens will not only prolong their lives but also will help you set up the table more easily too!
Here are some general recommendations that will help you take care of your linens, as well as some collection-specific tips:
- All Mode Living linens are machine washable (even the linens, but they need more ironing so we recommend dry-clean).
- Always wash matching linens or sets together (tablecloths and napkins) even if they are not very used, to prevent any color change in the set over time.
- Wash your linens with like colors, in gentle cycle, with a chlorine-free mild detergent in cold water. Do not use bleach, as it weakens the natural fibers and may cause discoloration.
- Delicate items (lace, linens with tassels or other embroidery) should be washed in a garment bag.
- Pre-treat stains before washing in the machine, and as fresh as possible. You can refer to our tips here to remove stains.
- If possible, we recommend air-drying the linens by laying them on a flat surface. This will help your linens to dry with as little wrinkling as possible. If you need to dry them in the machine, we recommend tumble dry in low heat, and until slightly damp. This will prevent the wrinkles to set in your linens, and will make ironing much easier.
- Check that your iron is clean, as mineral deposits can build up and cause stains. Empty out all the water in your iron after use.
- Follow the settings of your iron for the appropriate fabric of the linens. Pure linens will require hot setting, while other blends may not need as much heat.
- Use the steam of the iron when necessary, that will give an extra help to your linens.
- Always store large tablecloths rolled, as creases may become permanent over time.
When it comes to fabric care, we like using the products by The Laundress. Here are the Laundress products we recommend for specific and everyday care:
To remove coffee, tea and wine stains: Stain Solution
To treat spots and oil-based stains: Wash and Stain Bar
To remove stains and prolong life of fabric: Delicate Wash
To freshen and deodorize between washes: Delicate Spray
To reduce wrinkles and decrease ironing time: Crease Release
We recommend storing your linens nicely folded, or you may choose to hang them on hangers as well. Should you choose to hang, please check that they are evenly distributed on the hanger, and not creased.
Should have you any specific questions at any time regarding laundering and taking care of your linens, please feel free to email us at info@mode-living, and we would be more than happy to help!
From our table to yours,
Verda and Tania